At Postal Xpress N More, we’re happy to offer our customers an on-site notary public in Ellicott City, MD as well as a notary signing agent available by appointment. By using our notary public Monday through Sunday, you can much more easily fit your notary needs into your schedule, often while accomplishing your other business or personal needs in the same place.
That’s all well and good, but if you’ve never used a notary before, you might find yourself wondering what exactly will require you to use a notary. Let’s discuss some reasons you might need notary services in Maryland, as well as why you should choose Postal Xpress N More.
Reasons To Use Notary Services in Ellicott City, Maryland
Notary publics and notary signing agents are often needed in order to make certain legal documents official. Notaries at Postal Xpress N More make sure that everything about your legal documents are in order and then sign and seal them in order to make them more credible and thus legally official. Here are some of the reasons you might need a notary public or notary signing agent:
- Buying or Selling a Home. Notary publics or notary signing agents are often needed for the closing documents when it comes to moving into your dream home or selling your past home to move on to a new one. A notary seal is also needed to make a mortgage loan document official. Notaries are also needed for deeds when it comes to the exchange of land.
- Making a Legal Statement. On TV, it seems that all you see are high profile trials, but the truth is most legal proceedings are resolved without going to trial. Instead of giving an oral testimony, many witnesses give written affidavits or “sworn statements.” Affidavits need to be sealed by a notary public in order to be admissible in court.
- Ordering Your Affairs. Want to have a will written out? A will might not need to be notarized, but it’s a good idea to have a “self-proving affidavit,” which verifies your will — and that will need a notary seal. You’ll also need a notary to designate a beneficiary to a retirement account or to receive money upon your death. Power of attorney, too, requires a notary.
- Applying for a Job. Certain applications require a notary public seal. Appropriately enough, applying to practice as an attorney requires that the application for admission be notarized.
- Handgun Permits and Conceal Carry. Want a conceal carry permit? Responsible gun owners also have their permits notarized as part of the steps to ensure that the process is as thorough and official as possible.
These are just a few of the reasons you might need documents notarized. Want to learn more? Check out our notary service page for more examples of reasons you might need a notary or simply contact Postal Xpress N More and ask.
Where to Find a Notary Public Near Me
When it comes to finding a notary public or notary signing agent in Ellicott City, MD, the answer is clear: Postal Xpress N More. We’re open Monday though Sunday, with later hours on weeknights, so you can have your documents notarized after work or even on the weekend — whenever it fits into your schedule. Additionally, our notary signing agent is available by appointment to further assist with your legal document needs.
Perhaps best of all is the combination of our notary public services and notary signing services in addition to all the other services we offer in one place. Need to mail the document off once you’re finished having it notarized? Postal Xpress N More you covered with USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL shipping services. Need a digital copy? We also offer scanning services. We even offer faxing services, or you can pay your bills or set up a virtual mailbox while you’re here!
Need documents notarized at Postal Xpress N More? Contact us today for more information.